Wednesday, 3 December 2014

After Effects: Creating Animation

After Effects:

In order to develop our skills within the animation industry, we were given the task of creating a 1 minute sequence on the post production programme, After Effects.

In order to do this, we attended a series of lectures that taught us the basics of animating on the programme. Unfortunately at the beginning, I did not grasp the idea of After Effects at all and therefore planned not to use it for any of my animation and just stick with Stop Motion.

However, knowing that it was required to hand in some work on After Effects, I went into the MAC Lab after hours to expand my knowledge on the programme and try to create a short piece. Luckily through the help of my course mates and the tutorials on Youtube, I have been able to create a short piece, based on the idea of childhood nightmares thus relating to my idea around Identity.

I think that considering how worried I was when I first started using After Effects, the piece of work I have created shows how far I have come, even just with the help of the tutorials on Youtube. With respects to the tutors on the programme, I think personally it was better for me to be self taught as then I would get a full understanding of how to use the programme to my benefit rather than just producing work irrelevant to my project idea.


Here is a brief clip of the beginning of my After Effects creation...(full version will be available at a later date)








No comments:

Post a Comment